Monday 21 February 2011

Clerkenwell Vintage Fashion Fair

Yesterday my Sweetheart and I went on a trip to the Old Finsbury Town Hall to go to the Clerkenwell Vintage Fashion Fair, and what a time we had! We arrived about an hour after the fair opened and I was very surprised to see a sizable queue outside, which wasn't made better by the miserable weather, but lucky for me my Sweetheart was on had to provide me with hot chocolates and macaroons! So in the end we had quite a lovely time in spite of the weather. And things just got even better when we went inside.




I have been to several different Vintage fairs in London - Frock Me Vintage and the Affordable Vintage Fashion Fair to name a few - and I have to say that Clerkenwell really blew them all away. For one thing the hall was absolutely stunning, and I'm a sucker for a sky blue interior, but the fact that this beautiful room was stuffed with beautiful things was almost too much to bear!



The racks and stalls were literally stuffed with vintage goodness, I could have spent my life savings in that fair and still wanted to get more :) 



There was a beautiful selection of vintage shoes and boots that made me heart ache because I knew that they'd never fit me! But the brown lace up boots made me very happy as did the beautiful white brogues below. Ah to have tiny delicate feet!



Another eye-catching find was the "leopard" coat below - not actually leopard of course, but hand dyed and painted rabbit, how much time and effort must have been put into it?? It was absolutely stunning...


... so I had to try it on! It was a little too expensive for my slim budget so sadly I left it behind  for the next lucky shopper, but it really was beautiful. I felt so glamourous in it I just can't tell you!


One of the stall holders specialized in 1940s and 1950s dresses, the one below being a particular favourite of mine, and the owner told me she will be taking part in another fair in Camden in April. I think I may need to pay that one a visit too! 


The fair even had a selection of crockery! I wish I could have taken it all home with me, and I have to admit I did purchase the little peach teapot and cup and saucer "Rosy tea-for-one" set below. It was just too sweet to leave behind :)


Oh and I also found what could very well be the coat of my dreams. Here I am wearing it on the tube home, and I may never take it off again!


I cannot stop singing the praises of the Clerkenwell Vintage Fashion Fair, the people were friendly and helpful, the prices were fair and varied - a little bit of vintage joy could be found for every budget - and the whole atmosphere was one of excitement and contentment. Basically everyone was just happy to be there surrounded by such an exquisite collection of all things vintage :) If you're interested in visiting the fair their next date is Sunday 13th March and I have included a link to their website at the top of this post. Believe me it's well worth a look, you won't regret it!

Happy Monday everyone! x

3 comments:

LandGirl1980 said...

I have never been to a vintage fair - so it's nice to read a review :)

Tasha said...

What fun! We have a vintage fashion fair this weekend (as far as I know, the ONLY one) and I am beyond giddy to go.

Your coat is amazing!

Rhia said...

Wow! I only have one question: when is the next one? I am missing all the good fun by living here in the middle of this darn snow. I keep begging my boyfriend if we could move to England :) He's from Surrey originially.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...