Thursday 3 February 2011

Today I think I found my heaven


After some random online searches for vintage shops in my area - things that have been extremely few and far between - I found the address of the Fleetville Vintage Emporium, a mere 20 minute drive from my house. Now I've always wanted to have a good quality vintage store nearer to me, as trekking into and out of London for my vintage fix is hard work and expensive, so I was excited at this discovery, and luckily for me my Sweetheart agreed that we should take a trip there this afternoon. Now, it didn't look like much from the outside, but dear readers, you cannot imagine the mecca that awaited me inside!

The Fleetville Vintage Emporium is a huge warehouse stuffed to the gills with vintage treasures, furniture, clothes, home wares, books, anything you could dream of. I literally couldn't believe my eyes! I had to exercise some real restraint I can tell you, I could very easily have spent my life savings on those goodies :)

It's like the cave of wonders!

And the wonderful labyrinth goes on!

Can you say lingerie? :)

Is it wrong to want everything??

I'm a sucker for those teacups! 

I'm in heaven!!
The emporium also has a storage unit around the back, filled with even more furniture, and strange and wonderful oddities, it truly was like falling down the rabbit hole into a magic land :)

Sleeping beauty's spinning wheel perhaps? :)

A beautiful vintage Singer - how I wanted to take this home!

I feel in love with this chair, it's all hand embroidered, le sigh

My Sweetheart and I
My final purchases included 5 vintage knitting patterns and 2 1950s dress patterns, of which there were stacks and stacks dotted about the emporium - I felt like I was finding buried treasure! And a huge benefit of this vintage store NOT being in London is of course the prices - my total purchases came to a total of just over £20! An absolute bargain! Basically I'm in love with this place, I can guarantee that I will be back again very soon :)

Treats pour moi!
Happy Thursday everyone!

4 comments:

LandGirl1980 said...

I cannot believe that one thing that would have made staying in Hatfield bearable has opened, now I have left!!!! *sigh* !!!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, I lived in St Albans for 18 years and never found this place, it must be new right?! Or was I just walking round with my eyes shut?!

Katie said...

I talked to one of the owners when I was there and I think it's been open for about two years, so still fairly new. I'm just so thrilled it's there! Although I'm not sure my bank account is as happy...!

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

I've visited here once. My sister in law took me, and I don't think she anticipated just quite how long I could roam around without getting bored! Isn't it amazing? I could also have bought up most of the store.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...