Friday 25 March 2011

Briar Rose Knit-Along Update #1

One thing crafty I did manage to get done in Holland was my Briar Rose sweater. Thank goodness I had it with me or I may have gone mad with the need to make something! So far I have completed the entire back piece and have nearly passed the halfway mark on the front piece.
My completed back piece

I must say I'm getting so much pleasure out of using an adapted pattern, I can tell the more I work on it that it's going to fit me so much better than anything I've knitted before! I'm also really happy with the colour, I think it'll look lovely in both Spring and Summer :) I also found some gorgeous blue buttons on ebay for the front of the sweater, they're so cute, I just can't wait to see what they will look like when it's all finished!

Pretty buttons!

On a different and yet still knitting themed note, how amazing are bamboo knitting needles? I have only ever used metal needles before, but for this project I treated myself to a new pair of fancy bamboo one and they have changed my knitting life. They are so much smoother and kinder to the yarn, and altogether a pleasure to knit with. I can't believe I have only just discovered them, I don't think I would want to knit without them now!

Are any of you taking part in the knit along? How is your progress? I hope there are lots of pretty Spring sweaters springing up all over the blogosphere :)

Bye for now!

5 comments:

A.J.A. said...

I can't wait to see what this will look like. Your knitting is beautiful and those buttons are just darling! I am not doing the knit along (I can't knit a square :) but I am enjoying seeing the progress of those of you who are.

Rhia said...

Those little buttons are to die for :) (Yes, I'm a sucker for buttons). Can't wait to see the sweater on you!
And nice to have you back from the trip.

Katie said...

A.J.A. - Thanks, I'm excited about the end result too, I'm sure it's going to be uber cute :)
Rhia - I know, I love them too, I'm starting to get a little bit obsessed by pretty buttons! And it's nice to be back :)

Liz said...

I love bamboo needles :)

Katie said...

Liz - Me too, I'm beginning to worry I might be starting and addiction...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...