Friday 29 April 2011

Happy Royal Wedding Day!

Yes, I watched it, and yes, I loved it! I adore a good love story, so there was never any question of my not watching the Royal Wedding, and it was just gorgeous. Of course the highlight of the day was Kate's fantastic dress, designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen. Let's be honest it was the dress of dreams! The perfect fairy tale ensemble :)

A perfect combination of subtlety, class and style

If you want to find out more about this fabulous dress then be sure to visit the official Royal Wedding Page for the dress' description. Gertie has also written a great post all about the dress, so be sure to give that a look too :) I also feel that a mention has to be given to Pippa Middleton's bridesmaid outfit, she looked absolutely beautiful in it without detracting from the bride. I don't think you could have found a prettier pair of sisters today!

No thorns between these two roses :)

I decided not to venture out to old London town to visit any of the street parties that have been popping up everywhere, I just couldn't bear all the crowds on the streets let alone the public transport! So instead I stayed at home with my Sweetheart and my family and we watched the whole thing on TV (and after seeing the sheer size of the crowds surrounding Buckingham Palace I knew I'd made the right choice!). I also cooked for everyone, using a selection of recipes from "Bake" by Rachel Allen, one of my favourite cookery books, including a spinach and goat's cheese tart and a butter free cake filled with cream and strawberries. Yummy! And we had a grand old time!

Let's get cooking!

Spinach, Potato and Goat's Cheese Tart - Yes please!

It's not a celebration without Pimm's! Mixed perfectly by my perfect Sweetheart

Main course plated up and ready to munch :)

And onto pudding, let's whip that cream into shape!

Voila! Le gateau parfait! If I do say so myself...

I had a great Royal Wedding Day with my loved ones, flitting about my kitchen, doing my best to impersonate the perfect Mad Men-esque homemaker (or at least just trying not to burn anything!). I do think my cupcake covered apron helped my cooking immensely, as only a cupcake covered apron can :)  

Who says cooking can't be glamorous?

Yes, I made it myself!

I hope you all had a great day, whether it was spent in Royal Wedding celebrations or not. Bye for now and I hope you have a great weekend full of kisses (yes, I just couldn't resist including a smoochy pic!)

Come one everyone, awwwwwww!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm with you on this one! I adored the wedding today!

The wedding and your apron of course ;) and well done on your absolutely perfect cake! Jelousy is not becoming, Rachel...

xxx

Debi said...

I loved the wedding too! And I absolutely love your apron (cupcakes are fabulous!)

Liz said...

Bake is one of my favourite cookery books :) I love the apron.

Katie said...

The Cherry Princess - Thank you! Believe me the cake is nothing to be jealous of, it came together really easily otherwise I would have been clueless!

Debi - Thank you :)

Liz - Isn't it the best? There are so many great recipes in it, I just love it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...