Sunday 26 June 2011

"Make-Not-Buy" Challenge - SKIRTS

Hello there, fancy seeing you here :) I hope you're having a great weekend, I've been having fun planning the next step in my "Make-Not-Buy" Challenge: skirts.

I have quite a few skirts in my wardrobe already, so I've decided to keep this section fairly simple and only plan two projects, both of which I'm very excited about!

First up is a circular skirt, I've been dying to have one of these for ages! I'm going to be using this tutorial from Casey's Elegant Musings, it's from an original 1950s instruction pamphlet so I'm sure it'll be great. Plus Casey's version is beautiful, so it fills me with hopes for my own creation :)

Make your own circle skirt!

And I already have the fabric for this project, all ready to go! It's the white rabbit print that I've mentioned previously. Isn't it adorable?

White Rabbit Print fabric

Close up of White Rabbit Print fabric

The second project for this section of the challenge is a half circle skirt. This half circle skirt, which also includes some gorgeous scallop detail, swoon! This is one of the amazing free tutorials from Grosgrain Fabulous' free pattern month, what a great month that was :)

Beautiful scallop edge skirt

Like the circular skirt I also have my fabric for the half circle skirt all ready to roll. This time it's some lovely pink poly-cotton from Walthamstow Market - £1 a metre, oh yeah! The picture below doesn't do this fabric justice, it's a really lovely shade of pink, not as washed out as it looks in this picture...

Yummy and pink (and even yummier in real life!)

I also have some secret plans for this skirt, involving some exciting detailing that I cannot wait to start! But more on that at another time, I wonder if you can guess what it will be... :)

So there you have it, two skirts not only planned, fabric is bought and I'm ready to go! You should see these projects coming into fruition very soon, and I couldn't be happier or more excited. For now have a wonderful weekend and expect some updates very soon!  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the bunny fabric is so cute!

Katie said...

I know, isn't it? I can't wait to start sewing it up :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...