Monday 31 October 2011

What Halloween Means To Me

I have always loved Halloween. I love the dressing up, the sweets, the parties, but more recently Halloween has taken on a whole new meaning to me, it's a very special time because it marks a very special date between me and a very special person. 

Halloween is mine and my Sweetheart's Anniversary.


I will always remember our first Halloween together. We had met only once before, after a show that I was performing in with one of my Sweetheart's friends. My Sweetheart was in the audience on press night and he stuck around for the after show party. We were casually introduced at the bar by our mutual friend and there was an instant connection, so strong it took me quite by surprise. We both knew that something pretty amazing had happened. A week later it was Halloween and after talking for hours on the phone each day after our first meeting (we couldn't meet properly for that time as my Sweetheart was working away), we were going to set eyes on each other for the second time, and go on our first date. And what a day we had. I felt as though I was walking through the pages of every romantic novel I have ever read, that I must be in a movie because life alone couldn't be this perfect. That day, after only having met twice and knowing next to nothing about each other, although feeling as if we had known each other for lifetime and that we knew everything , we became a couple officially, he became MY Sweetheart and we have never looked back since.


This time last year we were celebrating in Paris, but unfortunately this year my touring schedule means that we are apart, I am now in Edinburgh whilst my Sweetheart remains in London. We did manage to celebrate our Anniversary last week in Oxford and we had the most beautiful time, but that doesn't make it any easier when I think of the many miles between us on this day when all I want to do is be close to him and feel his hand in mine.

But even through the sadness of being away I know that I am the luckiest girl in the world to still be head over heels crazy in love with my best friend and to know that he feels the same way about me. You can only be sad for so long when you know that :)

So my lovely readers, have a superb Halloween, dress up, eat, drink and be merry, party the night away, because I think this night is very special and deserves to be celebrated!

Happy Halloween! (And Happy Anniversary my Sweetheart xxx)

5 comments:

Tasha said...

Awww, happy anniversary to you two!

Miss Magpie said...

Lovely pictures and snap on the Halloween anniversary!

Sofia said...

"I felt as though I was walking through the pages of every romantic novel I have ever read, that I must be in a movie because life alone couldn't be this perfect." awww, so cute :)

Anonymous said...

Aww! So sweet! I always like seeing how happy the two of you look in pictures together. Your love really comes through.

Debi said...

awwww...I love it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...