Monday 2 July 2012

Me-Made-Monday #1

Welcome to a new feature of The Little Red Squirrel! I enjoyed my Me Made May experience so much, and I have missed sharing my Me Made outfits with you, so I have decided that once a week I will continue in the ways of the Me-Made Challenge and will share a picture of my outfit here. I hope you enjoy this as much as I know I will :) 

So for my first ever Me-Made-Monday here's a little something I've been working on for a while... My 1950s Novelty Print Book Dress!

Dress: Made By Me

Can I even begin to describe how much I am in love with this dress? I don't think so! You're looking at a girl who is well and truly smitten :) Consider this picture as a sneak preview, I will be giving you a much more in depth look at this fancy number tomorrow, but I hope you like what you see so far!

14 comments:

Cassieart said...

Katie!! I love it! I've been dying to see the end result of this dress and it's stunning. It fits you like a glove and is absolutely adorable...yay, you! Can't wait to see more...Cassie

Luna said...

Oh it turned out so lovley! I loved the fabric but the complete result is even more beautiful :)

agirlinwinter said...

I love this dress - stunning! I'm a librarian so the print really appeals to me - would love a dress like this for work :-)

Nicoleneedles said...

Soooo pretty! I'm in the middle of making a dress quite similar to this - great minds, etc.

LinB said...

Oh, I love it! You can't go wrong with a shirtwaist dress. Well, at least not for the past 120 years, anyway. Love the print, love these colors on you.

Snippa said...

Wonderful!  We all need a dress like this to cheer us up and make it seem more like summer.

Thecatsandtheberries said...

Super cue print! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Thecatsandtheberries said...

*cute.

Sabrina said...

So cute! The fabric looks great on you, as does the slim skirt. Can't wait to see the details!

Debi_myhappysewingplace said...

ahhhh! LOVE IT!!!!

Lynne said...

It's fabulous!  I love the style and the fabric price is great.  Looking forward to all the details! :)

Sarah Gilbert said...

The dress looks terrific! I have been not-so-patiently waiting to see it! Me Made Monday is a genius idea :)

Ginger said...

Wowzer, I LOVE this dress!  It's just too cute!

Anushka said...

I love it, and you have teamed it with great red accessories, esp. the belt buckle!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...