Wednesday 9 January 2013

Wednesday Wonderfuls #104

Hello my lovely readers and welcome to another Wednesday Wonderfuls post!

Images, Each Row from Left to Right:
1. Do you like my Christmas Pom Poms? 2. Strawberry bon bons, my favourite! 3. Knitting + Bletchley Circle = Bliss!
4. Peach and honey green smoothie, 5. Homemade Chilli with roasted sweet potatoes, 6. Blueberry and banana green smoothie.
7. Newly painted nails, 8. Seeing the Boy with Tape on his Face! 9. A fluffy capelet? Don't mind if I do!

This week I have been:

Watching...
The Bletchley Circle, I cannot believe I missed this when it was on TV in September! The costumes are stunning, the story is very addictive, plus it stars the marvellous Anna Maxwell Martin (of South Riding, Bleak House and The Night Watch). If you haven't yet seen it I would definitely recommend it. I also watched my first Hitchcock film of the year (keeping up with my resolutions!), Rope. I can see why it isn't considered one of his best films but I really did quite enjoy it, and I'm looking forward to watching my next one...

Loving...
green smoothies! My Sweetheart and I decided to try green smoothies to try and introduce more veg into our diets in a fairly painless way, and this week we tried our first two recipes (if you're interested I used this post from a Beautiful Mess to get us started). The first contained peaches, honey and oats and I really didn't get along with it, it was much too sweet for my taste! But this morning we gave the banana and blueberry recipe a try and it was scrummy, even if the colour was a little off putting! I think that adding ice to the recipe makes a huge difference, with ice the smoothie is really refreshing and tasty and without it, well, let's just say it's not my cup of tea! So far I'm finding the whole smoothie experiment great, even if they do look pretty scary :)

Going to see...
"The Boy With Tape on His Face"! My Sweetheart got me tickets to this show as a Christmas present and I was so excited to finally see "The Boy" perform live. In case you don't know, "The Boy" is pretty much a stand up comedian only he cannot speak as he has a large piece of gaffer tape over his mouth. His show involves a lot of physical comedy, props and audience participation, and it was absolutely fantastic! I can't remember the last time I laughed so much. I am so glad that I got to see "The Boy" whilst he was in London, it was a perfect present!

Sewing...
my first ever pair of trousers! The muslin fits so all that is left to do is sew up the fashion fabric! Dun dun DUN!! It's pretty scary, I'm not going to lie, seeing as I've never sewn trousers before (except pyjamas!) and I hardly ever wear them because I hate ill fitting trousers. It's a nerve wracking business, but hopefully it will all turn out alright!

Dreaming about...
owning my own house. After Christmas I find there is always a lot that needs sorting out, and I tend to completely reorganise everything I own, and however much I love our little flat there's really not that much room for manoeuvre! My sewing space (i.e. my little desk that houses all of my sewing equipment and supplies) is getting so overcrowded that it actually putting me off sewing, sad but true. And the rest of the flat is all ready full to bursting, every bit of storage is being used, so trying to reorganise is hard. It feels me feeling quite downhearted to be honest, because I'm a nester and I want to home to really feel like one and not have very surface covered in stuff that doesn't have anywhere else to live. So can you blame me for dreaming of a little place of my own that has space for all our things and that I can decorate exactly as I'd like (one of the sad realities of rented accommodation is that I'm stuck with furniture I don't like and I can't change it or the even the colour of the walls *sigh*). It's a far off dream, I'm pretty sure, but I want it so much. For now I guess I'll just have to work out a way to keep things organised as best I can!

But enough about me, here's what's been going on in the rest of the blogosphere this week!



That's it for another week of Wonderfuls, but I'll leave you with a little treat, a clip of The Boy with Tape on his Face! Enjoy!


Katie xxx

3 comments:

alicerosefearn said...

We tried green smoothies just after Christmas (also taking inspiration from ABM), I really enjoyed it, even though some of them turned out really unappealing colours!! I am totally in love with Cassie's cardigan, it is so pretty, I definitely want to try some needle felting soon! Looking forward to seeing your finished trousers x

SewingSveta said...

I would like to try green smoothies but we have only a frozen spinach in a winter time%(
Understand your dream about home, eh!

Jessica Cangiano said...

Love your Christmas pompom, they're so delightfully cute and festive.

♥ Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...